Going Against the Grind with Tula Pink’s New CollectionSissy's Quilt Designs
Have you ever heard the saying, “Don’t throw a monkey wrench into the machine.” The phrase is about industrial-sabotage, meaning to prevent a process from going smoothly by deliberately trying to ruin it. Horrible, right?
Well, not always! Sometimes, the unknown path is the best path and who better to throw that monkey wrench into your life than Tula Pink, the queen of quirky, against-the-grind, free-spirited fabric design!
Set your quilt planners, color coordinators, and simple prints aside. Tula Pink’s latest collection, Monkey Wrench, will be the perfect storm you didn’t know you needed! Check it out:
Just follow these six easy steps!
- Lay your strips right sides together and sew together down one side. Turn the strips over and sew down the other side, creating a tube.
2. Turn your tube inside out. (Iron if desired, but not required since it will be scrunched up by the end.)
3. Grab your elastic and attach a safety pin to one of the ends of elastic and through the end of the tube so the elastic doesn’t fall through.
4. Scrunch the tube up over the piece of elastic.
5. Sew back and forth across the elastic to close the ends together. (You can also tie a knot.)
6. Now, place one end of the tube into the other end and stitch down. Viola! You’ve a cute, new scrunchie!
Try mixing and matching with other collections by Tula Pink!
What is your favorite Tula Pink collection?